Help!!! Giving up baby chicks because of Salmonella article!

I'm a "worrier" so I was concerned about my 9 year old son catching it from our new chicks. He probably just figured I was being my cautious self in telling him to MAKE SURE to wash with soap after messing with the chicks.
This is so funny -anyways.....I printed out a few articles warning about the salmonella and showed them to him, now he tells ME to make sure to wash LOL -glad you kept your chicks!

Mr.Dad :

I put a purell dispenser in my backyard.....figured it couldn't hurt, my son (esp) likes petting them etc.......

You are so totally a great Mr. Mom!!​

There's just way too much to worry about in life that some people forget to just live. You can avoid almost anything by just keeping clean, which isn't a bad rule in the first place. Once kids get in the habit of washing up before and after, it'll come second nature. When I had to get this mouth thingymabob for grinding/tensing my jaw, my dentist told me that with anything, it takes an average of 3 weeks to form a habit (in my case, being able to sleep without worrying I'd choke). Just stay on top of it, probably annoying your kids in the process, and then one day you won't even have to mention it anymore.

I'm glad to hear you're keeping your chicks!

event.png

Back
Top Bottom