Help!!! Goat in trouble!!!!

Goatcrazychickengirl

In the Brooder
Dec 10, 2018
My 6 month old Boer show doe has been run over by a truck, she was free grazing and we did not see her when we pulled out, she seems mostly fine, pooping and peeing, but we can not get her to eat drink or open her mouth and she is foaming moderately at the mouth. I am willing to pay for a vet but dont know anyone who works on goats. I will try my best to answer any questions regarding her condition but I do not know everything about goats, we have only been involved with them for two years and I cant come to any conclusion of what is wrong other than mabye there is something wrong with her jaw. Sos please help!!!!

Here is a picture of her head and jaw
15444818963722787226919847603414.jpg

So sorry about your goat! Does she appear to have any visible injuries? How long ago was it that she got hit? Can you open her mouth? How long has it been since she has eaten? Maybe you could call your local 4-h extension center. I hope your goat gets better soon.:fl:hugs

She can open her mouth, and she is eating as we speak, the incident happened a little over 2 hours ago. My 4h meat goat leader is unavailable at the moment, but thank you for your suggestions. I believe there was a bit of swelling in the mouth/jaw area and it has gone down. But I still have no clue what the injury is or if it is something severe, I'm praying that she will be okay, she may or may not be pregnant. If you have any more ideas I would be very grateful, thank you so much.

I know nothing about goats- but what I do know- and know well- is your sense of urgency. Been there. It’s terrible. I am just writing to say I can relate. You’re not alone. And I hope you get the help you need and your goat is okay. Please keep us posted. Pulling for you.
Noelle

Back
Top Bottom