Help!!! Growth on hen!

Yes I was thinking of doing that. If goo comes out I can clean it and give antibiotics maybe??? She is not acting sick.
hmm.png
I *might* give them if the pocket were really deep and involved the muscle.

Yes, I will check her in the morning and see how she is. She is happily roosting with the others now. ( 9 other hens and a rooster) no one is pecking at her or anything.

if you have access to medical needles, you could jab it and try sucking the fluid out. It may just be a fluid filled cyst. Some feed stores and most med supply stores sell scalpels. If you decide to cut, I would use one of those rather than a razor blade. Be careful though. those are crazy sharp.

Riki

is it possibly a tick that got infected? Poor girl :(... cover her head to relax her and clean the area with betadine... I'd carefully cut around the edges to investigate... look for infected pink(dark) vs healthy pink(light :) any puss? any hard spots?... no fun :(

I'm not sure at this point. :( Tomorrow I will investigate further and update everyone. Wishe me (and her) luck! :) I hope I can help her. I love my girls.

I had a pullet with a growth on its neck about the size of a ping pong ball, I opened it up and what was there was like curds of cottage cheese. It was yucky and kind of bloody but once I opened it up, it started getting smaller and all is well now. Hope you have good luck too.

Hi all! I took my hen to the vet. The growth was a tumor. She is otherwise healthy and vibrant. I assisted him with her and was cool to see. He said she may be prone or could be one of those things. He did not go to deep as it was very vascular and bleed a lot. She is doing well and everybody seems to be leaving her alone and not picking on her. He had me clean her feathers with peroxide to get the blood off to reduce the chance of her being picked on. :)
Pics are on my profile.

Back
Top Bottom