***HELP*** hatching duck eggs

Jessicapf7

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2018
I'm incubating some duck eggs. I candled this morning getting ready for lockdown and they have all internally pipped. I got everything set up and when closing the lid it knocked over my thermo screen and cracked one of the eggs. The shell is still impacted as in there is no hole exposing the membrane. I didn't do anything, just closed the lid and came straight here for advice. Anything I should do or can do?

I'm incubating some duck eggs. I candled this morning getting ready for lockdown and they have all internally pipped. I got everything set up and when closing the lid it knocked over my thermo screen and cracked one of the eggs. The shell is still impacted as in there is no hole exposing the membrane. I didn't do anything, just closed the lid and came straight here for advice. Anything I should do or can do?
Don't worry, my mom dropped me as a baby and........ yellow crayons taste like bananas. :wee

If the crack is not deep, leave it be. A crack at this stage is not going to hurt anything. You said the membrane is not exposed, so that is good.
Don't worry, it will be fine. Just leave everything be.

Thank you, I appreciate the help.
I just checked it and could see a little bit of the membrane but membrane doesnt look punctured. I took a small piece of dampened paper towel and lightly draped it over the cracked area to keep it from drying out. I will watch it closely.

Back
Top Bottom