help! Help! Help! I'm freaking out!

kcpeep

In the Brooder
Sep 27, 2016
About an hour ago peep peep (my chicken) started acting funny, when I usually see her she runs to me but she didn't this time. I looked on line and figured she was most likely dehydrated, I got her a clean bowl of water and she started to drink from it by herself. But she is walking slow! Luckily 10 min ago she flapped her wings (good sign?) I rapped her up into a blanket and she is in bed with me! I don't know what I would do with out her, I need help and someone to tell me she'll be okay...

I'm just going to ignore the continuation of a convo that shouldn't have been started in the first place and put it out there that I am really looking forward to an update on this girl. Sicilian buttercups are awesome, fun and beautiful chickens. Mine is just about to start laying and is my top hen out of 12. I got her for my enjoyment not her egg layer ability and can see why someone would want one for a pet.

About an hour ago peep peep (my chicken) started acting funny, when I usually see her she runs to me but she didn't this time. I looked on line and figured she was most likely dehydrated, I got her a clean bowl of water and she started to drink from it by herself. But she is walking slow! Luckily 10 min ago she flapped her wings (good sign?) I rapped her up into a blanket and she is in bed with me! I don't know what I would do with out her, I need help and someone to tell me she'll be okay...

Hi. I'm really sorry! I dont know how to help. It sounds like you've done all you can at the moment. What are the temperatures where you are?

Well she lives in doors so around 70, but she goes outside during the day for a few hours. It's about 85 outside

To cure a dehydrated chicken, does the chicken need to be in cold or warm room? And two days ago I switched up her feed but she's not eating it, should I go back to what she usually eats?

Ok, So what is the age of your chicken? And why does she live indoors? When was the last time you got an egg? And why do you suspect dehydration? What food did you switch to and from? Questions are all to help with diagnosis.

Also, Hi. Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am sorry you are having issues.
sad.png

How many birds do you have?

I only have one chicken, she's 7 months. She lives indoor just like a dog lives in doors, I have an in door dog and they became best friends so I didn't want to split them up. She's never laid an egg, I suspect dehydration because she wasn't drinking her water all day yesterday! She was eating wild bird seed but I switched to cracked corn. She's drinking water this morning but she's not eating her food! She's pecking at her food but not getting any seed down her throat. She's just sitting still, but she's been asleep all night so something has to be wrong

I only have one chicken, she's 7 months. She lives indoor just like a dog lives in doors, I have an in door dog and they became best friends so I didn't want to split them up. She's never laid an egg, I suspect dehydration because she wasn't drinking her water all day yesterday! She was eating wild bird seed but I switched to cracked corn. She's drinking water this morning but she's not eating her food! She's pecking at her food but not getting any seed down her throat. She's just sitting still, but she's been asleep all night so something has to be wrong

Does her breath stink?

Is wild bird seed and cracked corn her only or main diet? If so she is probably suffering from long term malnutrition!
hmm.png
She NEEDS chicken feed. Either starter, grower, or raiser.

What breed?

Back
Top Bottom