HELP help help!!!!!!!

k&c poultry

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 2, 2011
NJ
I just had a chick hatch about 2 hours ago he is pretty well dried off and is in the brooder with food and water and a heating source it's just been sitting around not trying to eat or nothing but chirping and moves when we pet him is this normal or what???

k&c poultry :

I just had a chick hatch about 2 hours ago he is pretty well dried off and is in the brooder with food and water and a heating source it's just been sitting around not trying to eat or nothing but chirping and moves when we pet him is this normal or what???

It's just tired, Hatching is a lot of work for a little chickie...​

That's very normal. Chicks absorb the egg yolk right before hatching, and can go 48 hours without food or water. Just keep loving the little guy, and he'll be right as rain!
smile.png

Oh, and a word of advice, leave the chicks in the incubator until all the eggs hatch, if you open the incubator you lose humidity which will compermise your hatch. The chicks will be fine in ther 2-3 days.

YAY!
ya.gif
My chicks are now 4, 3 and 2 days old but it took them about 24 hours before they were drinking and starting getting curious about their food. Happy hatching!

Back
Top Bottom