HELP!!!! HELP!!!HELP!!!!

hankshens

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
TN
I need help! My chicken "Stella" has a whole going through her chest and gizzard. I have no idea how she got it but the food is coming back out. She is a very healthy chicken and is acting like nothing is wrong. I have seperated her from the rest so flies dont get to her. Is there any chance she can recover? Does anyone have any advice? I will call my vet in the morning. Please help

I would try to push it back in, clean her up and bind her up on this hole until you can get her in.

I am thinking that you mean her crop has the hole in it. Unless you can sew up the crop I would get her to the vet ASAP! Separate her, bring her in, and put her on clean shavings. I would withhold food until you take her to the vet. I think I would offer her nice fresh water so she doesnt get dehydrated. She may need a course of antibiotics also. Best of luck to her.

Thanks to all of you! I should be able to get her to the vet tomorrow if they will see chickens. It shouldnt be any different from sewing up a cat or any other animal. I just dont think I can do it myself.

Back
Top Bottom