HELP HELP My Chicken Has Sour Crop I Think

Pics
it is getting colder so Ninja is spending more time in the coop

Ninja is pinning to the extreme
nearly naked on the belly and under the wings
I have made her a box full of hay which I put in the coop which she sits in during the day and night
You can hear her purring during the day and sometimes at night

Lemon does not have as much time to peck her
but still does but not as much which is good

the lock-up in the cage did not work so I got a 10 ml syringe and filled it with water
each time Lemon would peck Ninja that I saw I would squirt her as quickly as I could so Lemon did not know it was me
that has seemed to work
@BigBlueHen53

Did you lock her up for at least three days? It won't work if you don't, as far as I know. They need a complete break from each other. Ninja needs that much time, first to heal and second to gain confidence. Then when Lemon pecks her she will be able to stand up for herself. If you only separate them for a short time each day you are just wasting time and may as well not even bother.

If, after three days, she pecks again, even if she only does it one time, lock her up again. She has not learned her lesson. We had a bully hen and we had to do this three times before she finally stopped.

You have a responsibility as the owner to protect poor Ninja. If you can't or won't, then maybe you need to find a new home for one or the other chickens. It is not fair to let Ninja get pecked every day. Think how you would feel if your parents let your sibling hit you in the head every day with a sharp stick, several times a day. Oh, they don't do it as often as they used to so it's better now. No, it's not better. It's still happening. You need to make it stop.

You can't always be there with the squirt bottle.

Back
Top Bottom