Help! Help! Urgent! I lost a quail!!

AltonaAcres

Crowing
Jan 13, 2019
We are trying to move our 9 juvenile button quail into a new enclosure and one flew up out of the transport tote and out of the shed they were brooded in. We have no idea where it went (maybe under the shed??). Is there any way to get it back or find out where he is? Or is it a lost cause?

We are trying to move our 9 juvenile button quail into a new enclosure and one flew up out of the transport tote and out of the shed they were brooded in. We have no idea where it went (maybe under the shed??). Is there any way to get it back or find out where he is? Or is it a lost cause?
unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to retrieve a juvenile button unless it was lost in an enclosed space and sometimes then, it’s very difficult :hit:hugs

I actually surprisingly found a live trap mouse trap (which was FULL of dead mice :sick, so it obviously works) I put it out of one of the entrances to under my shed and covered the rest with bricks and rocks. And filled it with food

I had two escaped recently (Coturnix).
Put in a cage to clean the hutches, but the gratings were too wide (worked fine the times before, Idk what these Houdinis did)

I couldn't find both on my lot.
One seemed to had gone far away, but the other seemed that it hide somewhere very well ... not well enough for the fox.
Found it the other day, better the rests of it 😖 🤬

My fault :he ... the fox just followed its nature.

Back
Top Bottom