Help hen badly wounded I mean really bad!!! UPDATE!!

Yes, keep her seperated till it's healed pretty good. ~~~~Remember the other chickens will pick at it!!!!

Thats what I thought!! I had to close the lid on my box but my bulb burnt out and I cant get another one till tomorrow so she will be in the dark tonight!!! I plan on putting the chicken wire back up tomorrow so that she can move around but I just couldn't do it tonight!! will she be ok with out a light tonight!

you donj't want to put her back in the the flock till it has healed, if you do they will peck at it and it will be open again, If she is up to it and you have blue-kote you might try putting her out some during the day [when you can watch] and see how they react towards her. The Blue-kote will help disquise the wound. Is that blue-kote I see in the pictures? glad to hear she is doing so good.
thumbsup.gif

I can't figure out how to put a pict. The yellow stuff in the wound is yellow and like a scrambled egg color and texture maybe a little grainier. This wound is by her eye not in her eye but the size of a golf ball. Thanks for the responses I have gotton so far. I will come back here for future problems. I think I have some answers for some of other peoples questions. Thank Lisa

Keep her separated until it all scabs over and if you feel it is safe with your flock, stick a saddle on her and send her out
smile.png
That's what I did but I no longer have a rooster.

Quote:
Glad to hear she's doing better. My sister had a chicken that the rooster pulled all the feathers from the back of her head and pulled skin off. You could see he vains and it was gross. The chicken seemed fine, walking around, eating etc. but she thought the worst. Instead of trying to treat her, she put her down. Very Sad.
sad.png

Would like to let yall know that my hen is doing great!!!! Her scab has fell completely off and you can see her new skin!! Feathers are growing back around the edges and she is jumping and hopping around!! I just wanted to thank yall fo helping me out!! ill update pictures as soon as I can!!

Back
Top Bottom