Help! Hen losing weight very quickly!

I have chickens that are almost 7 years old and still very healthy, so I don't think it's old age.

Tape worms are expelled from the body in small segments, about the size of a flat piece of rice, an off-white to gray color. The Valbazen will kill all worms, but you will have to throw away the eggs for a couple of weeks.

I have chickens that are almost 7 years old and still very healthy, so I don't think it's old age.

Tape worms are expelled from the body in small segments, about the size of a flat piece of rice, an off-white to gray color. The Valbazen will kill all worms, but you will have to throw away the eggs for a couple of weeks.

Thanks! If it is tapeworms, shouldn't the other chickens have it? The others are all fine. She hasn't been doing well for a year or so now. And she molted a while back and never grew back her butt-feathers.

If it is, they probably all have them. It can't hurt to worm them all. If she has been going downhill for a year, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Good luck!

If it is, they probably all have them. It can't hurt to worm them all. If she has been going downhill for a year, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'm not sure if I can talk my mom into worming them tough. She think it's just old age.

If that picture is a picture of your hen she has vent gleet. It has nothing to do with old age. She needs a bath and NuStock put on her vent area several times a week till she is clean. It is treatable.

If that picture is a picture of your hen she has vent gleet. It has nothing to do with old age. She needs a bath and NuStock put on her vent area several times a week till she is clean. It is treatable.

That's not a picture of her.

Back
Top Bottom