HELP!!!!! Hens organs comming out its butt!!!! why? ~~~UPDATE pg4 !!!!

K, shes pushing still. Uhhh Im soo worried I lost a hen from being eggbound 2 months ago. But this ones different. Sorry katie for doubting you she does have a egg in there. BUT im loosing hope EVERY time I push it in she pushes it out. Uhhh im going to read up on this
sad.png

Ok, I gave it a good clean bath. shes in my room. I talked to my mother since this is my second egg-bound hen in 3 months, So Next time time we go to the feed store im getting oyster shells.

Sorry your going through this
sad.png
It doesn't sound like an oystershell problem just an egg thats to big. Keep giving her warm baths and apply and the prep h or honey. Hopefully she'll stop prolapsing and maybe you could get some veggy oil up in her vent to help her pass the egg but i wouldn't do this right now if she's still prolapsing.
sad.png

hugs.gif
keep us updated.

AC

I dont have either at my house!
sad.png
honey or the h stuff, and its late at night
hit.gif

uhhh sure hope she pulls through, Shes one of my favorites
sad.png

You can achieve the same result by making a thick paste of granulated sugar and water. Boil up a small amount of water, add enough sugar to make a thick paste, and mix it until smooth textured. Let the mix cool down to a temp that won't burn her and apply it to the prolapse. You may need to apply a dressing of some sort if the paste isn't sticky enough, but it should be fine.

Edited to clarify.

Last edited:
Also, crush a Tums into a bit of water and dropper it gently along her beak line so she swallows on her own and doesn't choke. This may help her pass an egg, if there's an egg waiting to get out.

I don't mean to sound dire, but they can most definitely go into heart failure from trying to pass an egg that is too big. I don't know if that's what going on but if it is, her best chance may be in the hands of an avian vet.

JJ

p.s. I would always have oyster shell available.

Ill do the paste, sugar thing tonight. I have school, Im going to go check on her now.

HEART FAILURE!
sad.png
thanks for the warning.

Quick update: nothing really new beside, I felt her lower area, and diddent feel the egg anymore! and she diddent pass it, Where would it go!
hmm.png

It might've been soft shelled and when it came out she ate it...Obelisk has done that a few times...
Good luck with the prolapse. I had to take one of the store's ferrets 3 times to get it sewed up...I was the only one who noticed it in the first place...pfft.

Back
Top Bottom