Help! High Humidity throughout incubation

Pics
Those look fine. I would not consider helping until at least 18 hours pipped. They can even take 24 (sometimes even more) hours from pip to zip. Patience! :D
OK thank you so much! We will practice patience! He is still peeping but it's not as loud as last night He's probably just tired though! I'm so glad to hear the other crack is okay!! There are two eggs like that one.

Should I peel back a little of the egg to see inside a bit better?

How long since it pipped?

The problem with increasing the hole is that it lets more air inside, which dries out the membrane, which "could" trap the chick. So the less you mess with it, the better.

I find a list of pip times very useful. I label my eggs so that I can chronicle them as they pip and hatch, and it helps me determine when to assist, if necessary.
Absolutely, so helpful. I know you and I have hatches going on at the moment and I have marked/numbered all the eggs, done my chart, and I am determined to keep really good notes on the pip/zip times. I have a couple of CCL shipped eggs that have the worst saddles I have seen but the babes are rocking along so we shall see how well they fare.

Absolutely, so helpful. I know you and I have hatches going on at the moment and I have marked/numbered all the eggs, done my chart, and I am determined to keep really good notes on the pip/zip times. I have a couple of CCL shipped eggs that have the worst saddles I have seen but the babes are rocking along so we shall see how well they fare.

Glad yours are faring better than mine. I think the 2 CCL eggs that started have now quit. But she sent me 16 more! Post office was a bit easier on these. A few loose cells, but several were perfect and none are totally floating! Yeah!

Back
Top Bottom