Help! High Humidity throughout incubation

Good thinking! :highfive:

For that reason I might move them all flat. Hard call. But since I think your hygrometer was incorrect, maybe. But the toughest call for me is how many time the incubator will be open. :confused:

Seriously NICE catch! :thumbsup
Thanks! I'm glad we caught it too! I have laid those ones on their sides. Hopefully that will help them hatch!

OK, I'm going to say lay the malpositioned ones flat, pip side up. goose the humidity with nice warm water and close the bator asap. These little ones may take a bit longer to zip. The membrane may need a little coconut oil or vaseline to stay moist.
Ok I laid them on their sides an dirt will keep an eye in the membrane :)! I didn't know about the coconut oil!

Ok I laid them on their sides an dirt will keep an eye in the membrane :)! I didn't know about the coconut oil!
The idea around the coconut oil is that it moisturizes the membrane without making it wet so that it stays pliable and does not stick to the little chick. P.S I love the idea of 'dirt keeping any eye in the membrane', dont you just hate the auto correct :gig

The idea around the coconut oil is that it moisturizes the membrane without making it wet so that it stays pliable and does not stick to the little chick. P.S I love the idea of 'dirt keeping any eye in the membrane', dont you just hate the auto correct :gig
:lau I didn't even realize that until now! That's too funny. I am going to put the coconut oil in right now:D

Back
Top Bottom