Help!!!!! High Humidity!!!!!!!

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
I cleaned my incubator real fast because my chicks hatched early and I got BEI's in there due on the 15th, it only took me about 10 mins to wash it then I dabbed it with a washcloth to dry it. I put the eggs back in there (they were still nice and warm) put my water in the rings and now my humidity is reading 80%!!!!! I took some of the water out and opened the airholes at the top. What else should I do??? or should it go down over time? it wont kill the eggs being that high till it goes down will it???
hit.gif

Don't worry about it, once it is dry, it will stablize. A few hours at 80% humidity or a few hours at 15% humidity won't do a thing for eggs that haven't started hatching.

Quote:
I dried everything I could before I put the eggs in and did just a moment ago again, I have almost no water in the rings but the wire still seems a lil damp, I tried to dry it as much as I could but I cant get it all off

BTW, None of the duck eggs made it sadly.
hmm.png

We checked em earlier and 2 broke into the air sack and just stopped there, and the others never broke into the air sack.

Last edited:
The humidity thing isn't that big of a deal up till hatch providing that the net water loss from the egg is correct. That said, it's always easier to keep things consistent throughout than try to compensate for swings.

I had a similar problem. When I started lockdown, I added too much water. It shot to 80%, so I took the bator and dumped 1/2 the water out. Once the temp came back up, the humidity was within normal range. But you know what? The next day I had to ADD WATER. And not just a little bit either.

So trust me and leave it alone. It will stabilize when the temperature comes back up. And if I can't screw up my hatch, you won't either. I had 5 of 7 hatch. I ended up having to help an injured chick, it tore itself when pulling away from the yolk sac, so I had to bandage it up. If I didn't have to do this, who knows, the other 2 may have hatched.

Back
Top Bottom