(help) how long after zipping should...

gumbii

Songster
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
bell gardens, ca
i worry about it being shrink wrapped...?

okay, here's the story... while i first put these guys in lock down, i had to put another fan in my DIY bator... i guess from the chick rocking, it fell and cracked one of my OEGB MF eggs... just barely, so i opened it up, and affixed it up better with a screw really quick... i left the egg in there, and now i have a couple of PIP's and fuzzy butts walking around in the bator... but that one is trying to get out, it zipped from the crack, but it's not doing very much... the other chicks come out as soon as it zip's... also... i have another one that is zipped, and it's been zipped that way since the morning... is there a possibility of it being shrink wrapped...?

i'm worried because my last hatch, i lost one to shrink wrapping... some chicks were born on the 19th day, and i had to take them out before they starved on day 22 or so... so i opened it fast, but that one got shrink wrapped... i helped it and saved it, but, now i'm worried about these two being shrink wrapped... how can i tell if they are or aren't..?

thanks in advanced...

gumbi...

never mind... they BOTH HATCHED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHDF ADfhJL:KADJFKL:ADJFKL:AJDF:LKJDKL:JDKAFSL:JKL:SDJKjdfkl;asjdfk;lsajdfkl;sdajfkl;sajdfkl;asdjfikasdjfklas;fdjk;aslfjkadsl;j;kfadsl

i'm so excited and happy...

and...
and...
and...
and...

i think i hatched my first porcelain OEGB... WooHoo!!!!... i'm thrilled and texting everyone that knows i was incubating chicks... WOW... i thought it would take me years to get a porcelain... but the breeder that sold me the trio of mille fleurs said that sometimes out of no where, he will get a porcelain from time to time... and i just hatched one... it really doesn't make sense how that could happen, since the parents both have to be split self blue, but WHO CARES I THINK I HATCHED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fjksdjfkl;sajdfkl;ajsfk;lajf ds;k; AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!... ajskdlfjasl;kdfjaskdfj;aksfjkl;sajfdkl;asjf

LOL... i'm such a nerd... but man... i'm very very excited... i don't have to open the bator for a couple of days... this is going to be the best hatch so far...

also... one of my 3.5 week old chicks is crowing... HAHAHA... it's hilarious... sounds like the rolling part that canaries do... but it only last a second... today, was a good day for my chicks...

just thought i should share the news...

thanks for reading... ♥♥♥♥♥'s...

lau.gif
Not excited at all, are you! I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you
big_smile.png
I thought that was cute... wish I had eggs in a 'bator!

thanks peoples... LOL...

i still have two zips that haven't hatched since this morning... man, this is getting a bit stressful...

oh, and i've been trying to film the roo crowing all day today, but nothing... he sees me, and just watches me with his head sideways... LOL... i told my friends, and no one believes me... one guy has chicks that hatched the same day as me... he said that he won because he has a tiny tiny hen that is almost all feathered up... but i told him i won because my 4week old crows... HAHAHAHA... hilarious...

That has to be adorable sounding. I don't have a roo. I've been thinking about getting one, but I can't convince myself that I really need one.

i'll post pics later tonight...

updates...

only 6 hatched successfully, and i had to help three shrink wrapped chicks, one survived, i guess they were internally shrink wrapped... fail... so out of the 19 eggs on lock down, only 7 survived...

very bummed... the other eggs were internally shrink wrapped... i held my humidity at 55%... i guess i have to raise it up next time...

Back
Top Bottom