Help....How long can the incubator stay at 35.5 (96) degrees?

Airbus

Chirping
Jan 22, 2016
Bradford County PA
Been tweaking a home built its been holding temp within .2 degrees C. I was quite proud. Sadly for unknown reason I just found it at 35.5 (96) and assume it was like that for a few hrs, it took me awhile to jury rig up a backup bulb on another thermostat. It's back to temp but I'm wondering
If they are all gonners.

Any ideas how long or low a stable temp can get without issue I mean hens got to eat but not for hrs

Been tweaking a home built its been holding temp within .2 degrees C. I was quite proud. Sadly for unknown reason I just found it at 35.5 (96) and assume it was like that for a few hrs, it took me awhile to jury rig up a backup bulb on another thermostat. It's back to temp but I'm wondering
If they are all gonners.

Any ideas how long or low a stable temp can get without issue I mean hens got to eat but not for hrs
If it was a few hours I would not write them off. I have seen people have power outtages for 12-24 hours and still have decent hatches. How far along in incubation are the eggs?

I'm on day 10/11 added a few the next day.
Was going to candle them tonight but maybe I should wait till tomorrow so they don't get over stressed they been back to a stable temp for while??

I'm wondering if one of my ceramic heaters failed?
Or the dell power supply couldn't supply them both or some wierd computer supply flutter ?

As I type this it's been holding temp again working within 0.2c for an hour
Without the backup light coming on, I set that .5 c lower

So far I've been really impressed with 12v ceramic heat powered by old PC power supply
Runs the fans too!

I'm on day 10/11 added a few the next day.
Was going to candle them tonight but maybe I should wait till tomorrow so they don't get over stressed they been back to a stable temp for while??

I'm wondering if one of my ceramic heaters failed?
Or the dell power supply couldn't supply them both or some wierd computer supply flutter ?

As I type this it's been holding temp again working within 0.2c for an hour
Without the backup light coming on, I set that .5 c lower

So far I've been really impressed with 12v ceramic heat powered by old PC power supply
Runs the fans too!
It's all Greek to me...lol That's why I haven't attempted to make my own... If it's been holding a steady temp for a few hours and you want to candle a couple, I would. The inside of the egg doesn't loose enough heat just candling unless you keep them out for an extended period.

Back
Top Bottom