HELP! Hungry, happy, haunted homemakers have heard!

Pick one for Sara's new dummy.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara L

Free Ranging
Aug 14, 2017
Northern California
She doesn't Ike jail! Help her.

Is she home?
She is still at MILs, only 10 min drive away. The others in the litter have gone to their new homes. We need to figure out where we can have her at the shipping container and I need to confirm if she's had the last of her shots so she can be around my parent's dog. She gets attention, she's not ignored. She's in puppy jail because she's not potty trained yet.

Cats always choose me at first sight. That's 'cause one look at me & they immediately know I do not want them in my lap. Cats are evil. They close up my bronchioles and make my eyes water & itch. But they really seem to like me—if you can call it that... 😡😢😫
That's because by avoiding the cats, you are acting like one. You don't get up in their space and bother them, so they decide you are worthy of their attention.

CindyinSD

All will be well, and that will be well is well.
Premium Feather Member
Aug 3, 2018
Black Hills, South Dakota, USA
I'm so allergic to horses that I break out in hives when I touch them.

Should have seen me after a spring pony party a few years ago. I looked like I just suffered a bad breakup and had been crying and rubbing my eyes for 8 straight hours.
I thought I was allergic to deer b/c I petted a tamed one at a children's home & was really sick the rest of the day.

I should have known. I'd skinned deer, scraped deer hides, even dragged one into my truck by his antlers after he destroyed my hood (a surprising amt of unbruised meat from that incident). N/P with any of that.

I heard later that the offending deer was regularly dusted for fleas, and realized that I *had* noticed he was putting off little poofs of dust when people stroked him. 🙄 No flea powder for me, that's for sure! :hmm :gig

CindyinSD

All will be well, and that will be well is well.
Premium Feather Member
Aug 3, 2018
Black Hills, South Dakota, USA
I'm so allergic to horses that I break out in hives when I touch them.

Should have seen me after a spring pony party a few years ago. I looked like I just suffered a bad breakup and had been crying and rubbing my eyes for 8 straight hours.
But I'm confused... you have horses, right? So how do you deal with that?

R2elk

Magical, perfect creature
Premium Feather Member
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
Chug Benadryl like I get paid to.

They're worth it.
Kind of like me and sage grouse hunting. I am very allergic to sage brush. I would hunt sage grouse with a handkerchief in each hand, popping 12 hour allergy pills every 3 to 4 hours while trying to draw a bead on a flying grouse with my shotgun. Most of them escaped unharmed. This included sneezing about every 30 seconds.

Overo Mare

Perfect Angel 😇
Aug 26, 2019
Smalltown Virginia, USA
Kind of like me and sage grouse hunting. I am very allergic to sage brush. I would hunt sage grouse with a handkerchief in each hand, popping 12 hour allergy pills every 3 to 4 hours while trying to draw a bead on a flying grouse with my shotgun. Most of them escaped unharmed. This included sneezing about every 30 seconds.
Good times, huh?

Sniffle sniffle sniffle.

EverythingDucks

Crowing
May 7, 2020
Clearwater, Florida
I'm highly allergic to hay too. Horses will eventually be the death of me one way or another. :gig
I can't even get close to hay without my eyes watering and stinging, and my nose getting all runny.
I'd like to get a rabbit or two (or three) when I'm older so hopefully orchard grass will work better than timothy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom