Help! I can't keep my chickens inside fence

Countryhen, just curious - how tall is your fence?
5 foot but I don't have to worry bout it now I came home today & all except 1 of my hens were layin dead. it has to be my neighbors dog it had to have got in my pen but I don't know how? gate was closed. it's a small yorkie & every time my neighbor is home some of my chickens get killed I thought if I kept them in their fence the dog would not get them cause all the others before were found dead in my neighbors yard cause chickens flew over fence. I don't know what to do?

Dogs
somad.gif
, I have had them come in my yard and get my chickens...so I built them a yard, with fencing and boards on the bottom, so It's not easy to squirm or dig under, still got my chickens....so I just started shooting them, either I got all the dogs that were getting my birds or word must have gotten around because I haven't lost chickens lately.

In some states, you can write up a bill for the loss of your livestock, and whoever owns the dog is responsible for it.
Don't know if that's the way it is here. Haven't asked.

A dog in your own yard is a pet,
A dog in someone else's yard is a predator......

Last edited:
I have now put a hot wire around bottom of my fence hope this keeps the dog out if I see this dog in my yard he will be shot!

What kind of fence do you have? I ask because I have a yorkie poodle mix that can walk right through a chainlink fence where the gates are. They are sometimes smaller than they appear.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom