Help!!! I can't stop hatching chicks....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by dwegg, Sep 11, 2011.

1. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Well here's my dilemma, I live in the city...I am allowed by law to have 25 chickens...I currently have 13 hens and I just hatched 10 BBS ameraucanas but I am only keeping 2 of these guys and selling the others this will give me 15 hens...they have a big yard that they free range from morning to night as well as a good size enclosed run and coop if needed.

But now I WANT two silkies to add to the flock and I want to hatch them ameraucanas are only a week old!

Am I being greedy and not thinking of the birds space and wellfare? Am I becoming a chicken hoarder? My friends already think I am a crazy chicken person.
    Will silkies be ok in a flock of different breeds...orpingtons, Cochins, ameraucanas, BCM....? Will they be picked on for being fluffy?
  2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    If you are selling most of your new hatched you already have and are only keeping 2 silkies, then I think you're okay [​IMG] No hoarding I can personally see... [​IMG]

Take the tips on integration recommended on this site and all should be well! Good luck!
  3. Pip's chicks

Pip's chicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2011
    Central AR
    Hahaha! I had to laugh at this...I feel ya....I think I have just joined the crazy about chickens! I want more as well. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by