Help! I didn’t hand turn eggs until day 5!

BrittsChicks

Chirping
Jan 11, 2015
So I have 6 Pilgrim geese eggs in my Brinsea 20 eco incubator right now. I guess I read too much and was thinking I was supposed to start hand turning the eggs when I started the misting and cooling process ... 🤦🏼‍♀️
I reread one of the old posts on here today and realized that I was supposed to start hand turning the eggs on day 2! (I read that you don’t move them for the first 24 hours in the incubator...) 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’ve been alternating their position (alternating which side the incubator’s laying on 3x per day put not fully turning the eggs by hand 180 degrees)..
Did it I mess up terribly?.. Will they all be stuck in their shells or something equally as terrible?...
Any advice greatly appreciated...
(I just misted them and hand turned them but it’s Day 5)...

I don’t rotate 180 degrees, I have an X on one side and an 0 on the other and the eggs are numbered to keep track of weights and a notebook to track. First 24 hours I don’t touch them. Then comes the turning from the X side to the 0 side. 8:00, 12:00, 4:00, 8:00, 12:00, and 4:00 if somebody is awake. It’s a dry incubation and the air cells get monitored throughout the process in order to determine if the humidity needs upped. Up the humidity to 65-75% for lockdown. I’m not sure if you were talking about turning the eggs (X side to 0 side), or rotating, even though I feel like you were referring to rotating, they’ll be fine.

I don’t rotate 180 degrees, I have an X on one side and an 0 on the other and the eggs are numbered to keep track of weights and a notebook to track. First 24 hours I don’t touch them. Then comes the turning from the X side to the 0 side. 8:00, 12:00, 4:00, 8:00, 12:00, and 4:00 if somebody is awake. It’s a dry incubation and the air cells get monitored throughout the process in order to determine if the humidity needs upped. Up the humidity to 65-75% for lockdown. I’m not sure if you were talking about turning the eggs (X side to 0 side), or rotating, even though I feel like you were referring to rotating, they’ll be fine.
Thanks for the info. ☺️ I have not been turning them from X to O...I have only been rotating the machine (tilting it so the eggs are being slightly rotated..from center to right..then back to center then to the left)...my cradle for my Brinsea gets here in 2 more days and it will rotate them every hour?..
Maybe I should start turning them (X to O) every 4 hours until my cradle gets here..
Regardless, I will be hand turning and misting them from now on every day until day 26.

Back
Top Bottom