Help! I don't know what's wrong with my Pekin duck!

Oh, yeah my dad would never let me put the duck in the bathroom :( Now if I had my own house, I would put it in the bathroom, but he would never allow it :(
Well then warm soaks is the best you can do for her, hopefully they will help. Keep us updated. Can you give her a little privacy where she can rest and have quiet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then warm soaks is the best you can do for her, hopefully they will help. Keep us updated. Can you give her a little privacy where she can rest and have quiet?

Yeah, I can keep the chickens and ducks inside the pen, and leave her out and give her some peace. I'll just do that then and hope it works. Thanks for all your help.

Yeah, I can keep the chickens and ducks inside the pen, and leave her out and give her some peace. I'll just do that then and hope it works. Thanks for all your help.
Might be a better option to put her in the pen if she has a quiet corner she could settle down into. than letting her have all the open space, right now if she is egg bound she needs quiet, a nice soft place to rest and more warm soaks.

Might be a better option to put her in the pen if she has a quiet corner she could settle down into. than letting her have all the open space, right now if she is egg bound she needs quiet, a nice soft place to rest and more warm soaks.

Okay, I'll do that then. Right now she's in the warm water again, so when I take her out I'll put her in the pen without the rest of them instead. I'll post on here if anything happens.

Okay, I'll do that then. Right now she's in the warm water again, so when I take her out I'll put her in the pen without the rest of them instead. I'll post on here if anything happens.
fl.gif
Is she eating and drinking okay?

fl.gif
Is she eating and drinking okay?
Before I put her in the water, she was drinking, and my sister fed her a little earlier so she hasn't eaten recently .But anyway, I just took her out of the water again, and she pooped like 10 times in total, in and out of the water. It seems as if a just a little bit is coming out each time. Hasn't laid an egg yet, I let her walk around a little bit and eventually she walked into the pen and is in there now.

Before I put her in the water, she was drinking, and my sister fed her a little earlier so she hasn't eaten recently .But anyway, I just took her out of the water again, and she pooped like 10 times in total, in and out of the water. It seems as if a just a little bit is coming out each time. Hasn't laid an egg yet, I let her walk around a little bit and eventually she walked into the pen and is in there now.
Well eating and drinking sounds good. do you leave food and water out so they can eat and drink when they want too? do you have molasses? if so you could put some into her water, if she is constipated or egg bound it may help her get it out. if your interested I'll look up the mixture.

Well eating and drinking sounds good. do you leave food and water out so they can eat and drink when they want too? do you have molasses? if so you could put some into her water, if she is constipated or egg bound it may help her get it out. if your interested I'll look up the mixture.

We always have water out, and there's some food lying on the ground from a couple of hours ago because the other animals didn't finish it. We don't have any molasses. The only things we really have are honey, oils, and things like that.

hmmmm if you think about it what if she is egg bound but trys laying again wouldnt you go through the same problem i would recomend a vet so it wont ever happen again also in my country ducks eat watery food try rice with water uggh i wish there was rice skin here they love that and kkeps them really healthy

hmmmm if you think about it what if she is egg bound but trys laying again wouldnt you go through the same problem i would recomend a vet so it wont ever happen again also in my country ducks eat watery food try rice with water uggh i wish there was rice skin here they love that and kkeps them really healthy

My dad has taken my cat and rabbits to the vet, but he said he stops there. He won't take a chicken or a duck to the vet, and he wouldn't let me go ahead and do it on my own. I know it would probably be the best thing to do for it, but all I can really do is try things at home. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Back
Top Bottom