Help! I don't know what's wrong with my Pekin duck!

Molasses is what is given when they have eaten something toxic, it works as a laxative. if you decide to give it to her in water don't let your other ducks drink it or they may get upset tummies, you only do this for 6-8 Hrs. ONLY after that time she goes back to plain water. 1/2 cup molasses to 11/4 gallon water. Hopefully your seeing an egg this morning, I would still let her soak in warm water today if she is still acting in distress. also do you put out Oyster shell for extra calcium for them? Please know that we are not vets and only a vet can make a proper diagnosis. if you decide to try anything we have suggested please realize it may or may not help. But I hope it does.
fl.gif

Molasses is what is given when they have eaten something toxic, it works as a laxative. if you decide to give it to her in water don't let your other ducks drink it or they may get upset tummies, you only do this for 6-8 Hrs. ONLY after that time she goes back to plain water. 1/2 cup molasses to 11/4 gallon water. Hopefully your seeing an egg this morning, I would still let her soak in warm water today if she is still acting in distress. also do you put out Oyster shell for extra calcium for them? Please know that we are not vets and only a vet can make a proper diagnosis. if you decide to try anything we have suggested please realize it may or may not help. But I hope it does.
fl.gif

I haven't seen her eat today, but she's been drinking a lot. We went to acme this morning and we couldn't find any molasses there for some reason, so I'm going to head to a shop-rite soon. She's been pretty calm today, but she's still doing that clenching thing. I'll put her in water after I send this. We used oyster shell I think once, but other than that we haven't. We always let them roam around in the yard, so they can get extra calcium from bugs and stuff right? I can't take her to a vet, so you guys are the best I've got :)
hugs.gif

Update:
She's been drinking and even ate some when my sister fed them all about an hour ago. She's acting like she doesn't like us now (A good sign, since she really doesn't like us) and even quacked some, which she hasn't been doing for the past couple of days. She's not avoiding all the ducks anymore, and in fact she wants to follow them around like usual. The only thing is that she's still clenching her butt like she has to lay an egg. I mixed up the molasses and water and left her alone to drink it away from the other animals. I haven't seen her drink it yet, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks everyone for your help :)

Update:
She's been drinking and even ate some when my sister fed them all about an hour ago. She's acting like she doesn't like us now (A good sign, since she really doesn't like us) and even quacked some, which she hasn't been doing for the past couple of days. She's not avoiding all the ducks anymore, and in fact she wants to follow them around like usual. The only thing is that she's still clenching her butt like she has to lay an egg. I mixed up the molasses and water and left her alone to drink it away from the other animals. I haven't seen her drink it yet, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks everyone for your help :)
I like your update Hope she continues to improve and lays that egg if that is her problem. please keep us updated as the days go on.

Update: She has been acting perfectly fine lately! The only strange thing that's till remaining is the fact that she hasn't been quacking. Other than that, she hasn't been acting anything out of the ordinary. I'm not sure if she laid an egg when I was in school or what, but she's okay now. Thanks so much for all your help :)

Update: She has been acting perfectly fine lately! The only strange thing that's till remaining is the fact that she hasn't been quacking. Other than that, she hasn't been acting anything out of the ordinary. I'm not sure if she laid an egg when I was in school or what, but she's okay now. Thanks so much for all your help :)
I'm happy to hear she is doing great, as for the quacking, I don't know. I have Muscovy and they don't quack so can't help you there, unless she just doesn't have anything to say.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom