Help! I have 2 khaki Campbell eggs out of 11 that hve internally pipped early! It's day 23. Should I put them all on lock down now or wait til day 25?

How long after the internal pip does the external pip happen? There does seems to be almost a bruised look on one spot of the outer shell if that makes sense? Is that where it is trying to get out? And after how long should I be concerned and help? Sorry for all the questions, google gives like 10 different answers for any questions I have🤦🏼‍♀️

How long after the internal pip does the external pip happen? There does seems to be almost a bruised look on one spot of the outer shell if that makes sense? Is that where it is trying to get out? And after how long should I be concerned and help? Sorry for all the questions, google gives like 10 different answers for any questions I have🤦🏼‍♀️
Give them some time and maybe they will start unzipping. good luck.

You may want to start a thread in our Incubation forums for more help... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/incubating-hatching-eggs.5/

If you run into any issues, the members that hang out there can help you further. :)

It averages around 24 hours for my chicks to hatch after the initial Pip, but it can take much longer for some. Once they do the external Pip, it may be another day before they are out.
It takes a lot of patience to hatch chicks.

**UPDATE**
This morning one has pipped externally, that's it, I can hear the babies making noises now also. Seems like it's taking forever!! It has now been over 24 since the internal pip.
It can take 24 more hours, but usually a bit less, to actually hatch out. Keep us posted!! :)

It can take 24 more hours, but usually a bit less, to actually hatch out. Keep us posted!! :)
7pm was 12 hrs since the first externally pip, still hasn't made an actual hole in the shell, is that normal?

Attachments

• PXL_20230322_143343231.jpg
    PXL_20230322_143343231.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom