Help, I have a sick Barred Rock!!!!

Tereasa

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 27, 2012
KANSAS
I had noticed about a week ago that my other girls were picking on one barred rock, she eventually just stayed in the coop. She was not eating much and had become very weak. I seperated her, and she still is not eating. She is laying down and not standing much, tho she did step out of her little pen once today, I had to pick her up and put her back in, she seems to weak to move. I noticed her poop was white and runny, Could it be that she is egg bound? How can you tell? She is almost a year old, This is the first time I have had any problems with any of my girls, and I don't know what to do.
sad.png

Last edited:
Eggbound hens present with a strange posture and gait. They tend to stand in one spot hunched over, and when they walk they walk like a penguin. Their tails are held low and their vents tend to pulse.

Is that what is going on with your girl?

Thank you all for the information. Her crop felt normal, and I had done preventative worming, and I do not see lice or mites. ( I hope I know what I'm looking for, this is my first year for chickens ) . She is not going to make it through the day tho, I just hope that this is nothing contagious, all my other girls seem fine.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom