help i have try every thing and my chick still die :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by monino, Mar 31, 2011.

1. monino

monino New Egg

Nov 10, 2010
    i have an incubator well my baby chick are getting out early by one day or hours but with little of their intestines out. then when their in the brooder everything comes out youk and guts its terrible i try puting back in but once they peep everything comes back out [​IMG] no way to keep it in

2. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    AHHH! I have no idea what to do, but I suggest editing your title to say "chicks intestines hanging out", and maybe it will draw more attention and you will get some good help. There is nothing you can do if their guts are coming all the way out though.

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'm not sure what the exact issue is, but I would guess you have a temperature issue at some point in the incubation. Check here for some help . I hope your problem is better soon!

4. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    I am sorry... [​IMG] With joy also comes sadness sometimes. You will need to cull your chick. Think of it this way-you will be healing him and making him feel so much better and no longer in pain.

5. lemongrass

lemongrass Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2011
    Maryland, US
    I don't think it can be saved either. As for why it hatched early, the incubator was probably a tad too warm. That tends to cause them to hatch early.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by