Help!!!!I lost some of my ducks because of rain ,can you help me

Exactly Seashoreduck. [Love the name by the way.] These little ones probably don't even have an active enough oil gland to keep themselves dry. If they are being housed outside in a shed or barn, they will also need to be protected from flies and mosquitoes. You can use a vanilla tree car air freshener, hung near them for that. It works.

Exactly Seashoreduck. [Love the name by the way.] These little ones probably don't even have an active enough oil gland to keep themselves dry. If they are being housed outside in a shed or barn, they will also need to be protected from flies and mosquitoes. You can use a vanilla tree car air freshener, hung near them for that. It works.

I just noticed this post ... me and hubby have been talking about what we can do to keep some of the bugs away, I was thinking citronella plants outside their pen but , if i hang vanilla car air fresheners in their coop and their pen it will help with the bugs HUH WHO KNEW!!

Last edited:
I just noticed this post ... me and hubby have been talking about what we can do to keep some of the bugs away, I was thinking citronella plants outside their pen but , if i hang vanilla car air fresheners in their coop and their pen it will help with the bugs HUH WHO KNEW!!
They really do! I'll let you in on something else I learned, mint plants. Black Flies, Mosquitoes, do not like them, neither do the 3 Corner Flies we get here. The mint is safe around the ducks as well. Citronella plants, I'm not sure about. Sweet Grass would be good, but the mint plants are cheap, prolific, and safe. Just remember the prolific and don't plant it anywhere you wouldn't want it to come up. It spreads like crazy and will take over.

Another thing I remember reading on BYC is how someone, sorry can't give credit because I don't remember who, took citronella candles and rubbed all around their hen's nesting boxes. They claimed it worked great for keeping mosquitoes away from their girls.

Back
Top Bottom