HELP! I need a quick FALL costume

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ams3651, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I am so perturbed, my sons school sent home a note last week stating that the 30th will be a FALL FESTIVAL and all costumes should be fall themed. [​IMG] Ive only been making a pirate costume for the last couple weeks. What the heck is a fall themed costume? Scarecrow? Pumpkin? I cant go out and buy a sweat suit to make a costume. Any ideas, I need it done by friday.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Get one of those pumpkin trash bags and fill it with tissue paper - cut hold for your legs and make a neck band from leaves.

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  4. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    some cardboard boxes, construction paper and glue would make him a tree with the leaves falling off.

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Scarecrow? Farmer? Migratory bird? [​IMG]

6. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    Whats says fall more than hunting whitetail deer [​IMG]

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    That seems awfully short notice for many folks, and essentially requires that he have 2 costumes.

I would probably dress him up as a pirate and paint leaves on his face--he can be the captain of The Autumn.

8. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:I thought about that but they cant take weapons....if only I could soft sculpture a deer head in 2 days.......

9. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:i like that [​IMG]

10. hrmalexandra

hrmalexandra Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    Ugh ... not sure if this is a knee-jerk right wing reaction against devil worship or a knee-jerk left wing reaction for political correctness ... but how annoying!

Make a sheet toga, corn cob and leaf accessories and send him in as Demeter, greek goddess of the harvest. It's a pagan, gender-bending feista for all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by