HELP!!!! I need help ASAP... PLEASE!!!!!!

bwolfe

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Hi i just bought some chicks from TSC and one little baby i picked out and thought was just sleeping turns out she cant walk and it seems she can raise her head, she is so tinny and skinny as well. I have only gotten her to drink a few sips of water since about 4 pm and I don't want to return her to the store to die. Please help I have video if but cant seem to get it to upload i will keep trying but if anyone has any advice i need it NOW!!!! Like what can i feed her she want eat the starter feed and can i give get water throw dropper ect.... not really looking like saddle leg Splayed leg

you try to sit her up and she cant hold her little head up i really need some help please

I am a newbie...so what I suggest might not be right.
But I would also try adding some sugar to the water in case it is just too malnurished and weak to eat or drink.
If the sugar helps, I would expect to see changes withing 15 minutes.
Let us know

Hi i just bought some chicks from TSC and one little baby i picked out and thought was just sleeping turns out she cant walk and it seems she can raise her head, she is so tinny and skinny as well. I have only gotten her to drink a few sips of water since about 4 pm and I don't want to return her to the store to die. Please help I have video if but cant seem to get it to upload i will keep trying but if anyone has any advice i need it NOW!!!! Like what can i feed her she want eat the starter feed and can i give get water throw dropper ect.... not really looking like saddle leg Splayed leg

Give her electrolytes or sugar water by dropper every hour. smash the baby crumbles to powder. If she still wont eat it, add a little to the dropper of water tomorrow if she makes it through the night. Make sure she is warm and doesn't have pasty butt. I hope you can save her.....
hmm.png
She may also need hobbles, splints, chicken chair, ect. but lets see if she makes it through tonight. Best wishes.....

Give her electrolytes or sugar water by dropper every hour. smash the baby crumbles to powder. If she still wont eat it, add a little to the dropper of water tomorrow if she makes it through the night. Make sure she is warm and doesn't have pasty butt. I hope you can save her.....
hmm.png
She may also need hobbles, splints, chicken chair, ect. but lets see if she makes it through tonight. Best wishes.....
thanks so much

I am a newbie...so what I suggest might not be right.
But I would also try adding some sugar to the water in case it is just too malnurished and weak to eat or drink.
If the sugar helps, I would expect to see changes withing 15 minutes.
Let us know
thank you so much

Sorry for your loss. However, this was something that many go through. Never, ever take a chick that has such a lack of energy. If they're not running away from your hand that first time then leave them in their brooder at the store. I always go after the ones with the most energy.

Back
Top Bottom