HELP ! I need help identifying sex of Cream Legbars

DoolittleFarms

In the Brooder
May 6, 2018
Hey all you bird lovers , i need some help with all of your knowledge! So i have like 6 Cream Leghorns, they all look almost the same and i cannot tell which are male and which are female, thought I knew, but i have one separated from the others in with a silkie they both had an eye infection so i thought it was rooster, but is laying eggs now, so i am really confused as to how to tell as an adult the sex of these birds! Can anyone tell me what to look for to tell the differance? They all have the pointy combs, including the one that is for sure a female so i have no idea on how to sex them as adults if i had them as chicks i know the auto sexing, but they are adults ! I want to separate from the rest of the flock but do not want to put 5 roo's together, they are already picking at each other and the Guineas and silkies and the regular chickens i have, yes they are all together in one coop for now , as we are building more to separate the breeds. Any insight would be appreciated ! Thank you Annie @ DoLittle Farms

If they are all the same age and the Girls are laying it should be extremely obvious. The easiest way to tell is to look at the saddle feathers. The boys will have long flowy pointy feathers. Or another good way is the females should have salmon breasts.

1613317846096.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom