Help I need help on OEG Hens!

Quote:
Hey! A fellow North Carolinian!
smile.png
I'm from NC ' but live in Florida now, and I hate to say it....... I miss the snow too!

well aint that the craziest thing but thanks for all your help and hey aint you worried about the weather over there?

I don't think they are mutts either. Full games
My daughters show chickens, so I've seen a few LOL!

The weather? Yes, in 2004 we had 3 hurricanes in a row,and in 2005 a couple of soakers, but that's rare here in North Central Florida.
Normally they hit either coast and dissipate before they get us
smile.png

Quote:
well aint that the craziest thing but thanks for all your help and hey aint you worried about the weather over there?

The weather? Yes, in 2004 we had 3 hurricanes in a row,and in 2005 a couple of soakers, but that's rare here in North Central Florida.
smile.png

thats good i love north carolina from Forsyth County never see strange weather and hey im in the gulf of mexico and i really dont like it!

Quote:

smile.png

thats good i love north carolina from Forsyth County never see strange weather and hey im in the gulf of mexico and i really dont like it!

I don't blame you....Lots of hurricanes like to buzz around and decide where to strike in the Gulf of Mexico. LOL!
I live 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and 90 miles from the Atlantic Ocean... Hmmmm. .....Be nice Mother Nature!
smile.png

i live about 3 miles from the gulf of mexico nice littile town but hate these times cause of the weather!

I only hatch game chickens in the spring. The hens seem to breed better then and have more eggs. I don't think your hens will lay any eggs tied like that. It's hard to know the breed of game hens, and sometimes it's a guess, unless the breeder has had them for several years and kept a breeding record.

Quote:
I tied them up cuase they aint easy to catch and ima take them to an OEG rooster where they will be free no strings attached! and thanks and could you tell me like what month in spring? sorry for all the questions!

ep.gif
no offense but why oh why does your chicken have a rope around its leg???

food can help bring them in!!

Last edited:
My game hens would start laying around Nov. and stop around July-August. As far as breeding would stop in May-June. It might be slightly different in Mexico. Also, you can't tell a hen that it is time to start laying and expect her to comply.
lol.png

Edited to say: They don't look dubbed to me.

Last edited:
now that someone mentioned being dubbed they do appear that way. they might be pure breed games or mixed games (one game breed to a different game breed to me is a mutt game)

In reply to my post about breeding. I'm in east central Illinois and breed for chicks about March or April. As for your hens being dubbed; no. Most game chickens are a mix of original breeds making several variations of breed. Call them mutts if you want but they are great chickens to raise and show.

Back
Top Bottom