Help !!! I need to know breed ASAP

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by thegreatbird, Aug 25, 2014.

1. thegreatbird

thegreatbird New Egg

Aug 25, 2014
    I have two of these birds I'm my back yard they are sweet but look like vultures [​IMG]

2. thegreatbird

thegreatbird New Egg

Aug 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. KristyAz

KristyAz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Looks like a naked neck to me. . . Did they just show up in your yard? Like someone dropped them off? Maybe some unwanted, extra roos.

4. Rocky Rhodes

Rocky Rhodes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2013
    North Georgia Mountains
    Those are Naked Necks, also known as Turkens. I love 'em!! I've got a couple of young ones, one of mine is a frizzle.
    [​IMG]

Ther'es a silkie in this photo also!!

5. thegreatbird

thegreatbird New Egg

Aug 25, 2014
    Someone just left them but I have fallen in love with this little pair . They are so sweet and loving . How big will they get ? What and how much should I feed them I am giving them grow start non medicated feed and also veggies and popcorn(healthy only no salt or butter

6. Rocky Rhodes

Rocky Rhodes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2013
    North Georgia Mountains
    My Naked Necks are just babies so they're on start and grow, but yours look large enough to be on a flock raiser. I think that most NN's will be medium sized birds. The 2 that I have are the first NN's that I have owned so I am not an expert. They are such cool looking chickens, I love their little toupees!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by