Help! I ordered fertilized eggs!!!!

Micmac1234

Songster
Apr 13, 2021
Colorado
I am so excited, I did it and I ordered my broody hen some fertilized eggs.

She chooses to brood in a corner of the coop, no nesting box. I’m wondering if I should bring a box out there, like lay it on its side to give her a more ideal environment but I don’t want to break the brood because my eggs aren’t here for another 3 days.

What do you experts think?

Ya I would just leave her. Mine is broody in a nest box and while she will let me move her back to her box, sometimes one will be in her box when she goes out to eat so she will go in one of the other boxes, she would not stay in a plastic nest box that I had added inside the coop. Noone really goes in that box so figured the safest option for when I give her chicks or eggs about to hatch..... But nope she went right back to the other boxes. Ugh...... So all that to say if you do try to move her she may go right back to the other spot anyways.

Ya I would just leave her. Mine is broody in a nest box and while she will let me move her back to her box, sometimes one will be in her box when she goes out to eat so she will go in one of the other boxes, she would not stay in a plastic nest box that I had added inside the coop. Noone really goes in that box so figured the safest option for when I give her chicks or eggs about to hatch..... But nope she went right back to the other boxes. Ugh...... So all that to say if you do try to move her she may go right back to the other spot anyways.
Oh interesting! I was going to leave her where she is but just plop a box behind her but I’m scared of making her mad so I’ll let her be haha

Back
Top Bottom