Help I ran out of feed!!! What can I go buy at a local grocery store?

MotoChicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 21, 2010
Long Beach
Help I am about to run out of feed!!! I am flying out of town for 3 days, so I must go purchase SOMETHING at my local grocery store cornmeal? Or? I am not worrying about price for my ladies.

My chickens are 2 months old and 1 is 4 months old

Help I need to get them some more food.

Thanks for your help

Jerry

Cook um some rice and eggs, add whatever leftovers ya have, dog or cat food added is also good for them.

Theres lots of things ya can feed them for a short period, just remember to avoid anything high in salt.

i have given them bird seed, if you have straight black oil sunflower seeds they will be ok for the night till you can get to the feed store.

also, almost anything that you have for leftovers from dinner as long as it doesn't have too much sugar or salt added to it. frozen veggies (heated up), rice or pasta is also good if you don't have the time to run to the store but you have this in the house!

chicks like cornmeal, seems harder for adults to eat though so not sure I'd expect them to eat it only for 3 days straight
oatmeal is a big hit, Quaker oats are fine - I don't even pay for the fancy "steel cut" kind for myself!
they like brown rice really well (yes they can eat it uncooked)
they can also have grits, most cereal type stuff is good
BOSS and any of the birdseed mixes are also an option, can be had at WalMart or a pet store
Deer corn and oats could also be an option, depending on the selection in your area
Fruits and veggies of course
day old bread isn't a good whole diet, but would help them fill up in a pinch

Remember that GRIT is especially important with un-ground feeds such as rice, corn or birdseeds

Break open a pumpkin for them
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom