HELP>>>I think I have 2 HUGE chicken Problems

lisathenorth

Songster
10 Years
May 17, 2009
Hello, I can't seem to get into the chat room today, and usually I find the people in there so helpful. I had Corzya before Christmas. The birds had very swollen eyes, and they felt hot to touch them. I scrubbed both of my coops down. I culled 19 chickens, and Last week, I add a bunch of chicks to the one coop, and some of them have running eyes... Recently, in my Delaware coop, some of the birds had a cold or Bronchitis.. They were sneezying with watery or clloudy eyes. I have treated them with antibotics. They seem to be better except for one pullet. However, The sick chicks have their eyes stuck shut.
I have post messages before, and No one has PM me back... Please I need your help right now!

Do you have any terramycin Eye ointment? It's in a tiny yellow/white box. That would work to get the eyes softer so they open and relieve any infection in the eyes if there are any. You can buy it at Fleet Farm or TSC.

Once you get the eye to open apply the meds again directly into the eye...a line of ointment over the eye ball

Last edited:
instead of putting the ointment directly on the eye from the tube, put it on your index finger in a little line and using your middle finger slightly pull the lower lid open and scrape the ointment from your finger into the pouched lower lid. when i had to put eye ointment on my horse's eye i was worried i would scrape or puncture her eye with the tube (she wasn't inclined to stand still for this). this technique worked very well. just be sure your hands are very clean so there is no other infection introduced.

Quote:
Sheesh Lisa Im sorry. I dont have alot of experience with sick chickens or what to do:-( My first thing would be antibiotics -which you already did...get that sick pullet out and put her awasy from others and the chicks can you clean theie eyes with moist warm washcloth? or flush with saline solution for a rinse to loosen?

Back
Top Bottom