help!!! I think my broody has LICE..

jwatts

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
I have a buff sitting on some eggs for about a week now and i just noticed these little flesh/white colored bugs on her vent. I had DE in the can that i got from tractor supply. I believe its food grade (brown color) I sprinkled it on her hind end and all over her along with her bedding ond some on the eggs. Will this hurt the eggs shes sitting on? How can i get rid of these bugs? Should i get some more ( White) DE? Sevin dust? I checked some of my other birds and they dont seem to have any bugs on them, but they are out dusting during the day. My buff is contained to a small nesting area sitting and will not move. Any help will be greatly appriciated. Thank you

I would go with the Sevin Dust. If you put some in the foot of a pair of panty hose, you can use it to dust under her wings and around her vent pretty effectively. I would also take the eggs out and dust the nest, then put them back, if it were me.

Ok I put some sevin dust on all the birds and in there nesting boxes. It seems to be under control My coop smells like the powder now for the last two days I hope this will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom