cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
ME
My Coop
My Coop
I just noticed one of my Buff Orpington chicks seems sick! Plz help!
She stands like this:
0FD88D3E-F381-4871-9B44-5D33BE4DFAC9.jpeg

How old is she? How long has this been going on? Have you seen any runny poop with mucus or blood? She looks like she could have coccidiosis. I would get some Corid liquid or powder and treat for possible coccidiosis. Dosage is 10 ml or 2 tsp of the liquid per gallon of water. The powder dose is 1,5 tsp per gallon. You may give her some undiluted Corid orally as a boost in addition. Dosage is 0.1 ml per pound daily.

How old is she? How long has this been going on? Have you seen any runny poop with mucus or blood? She looks like she could have coccidiosis. I would get some Corid liquid or powder and treat for possible coccidiosis.
She is almost 6 weeks.
I just noticed today.
No, but I’ll double check.
Ok where do I get that and how do I treat her?

How is she now? Has she improved? It's been cold today, could she be cold? If so, bring her and her flock mates inside to warm up until it gets warm again. Have you given her any sugar water or any Electrolytes (Save-A-Chick)? How clean is her coop, water, and even her feed? For Coccidiosis, the common thing people look for is poop that looks bloody. If you can't get any Corid, just make certain that she's in a very clean all around environment. I hope your chick feels better soon. :hugs :hugs

How is she now? Has she improved? It's been cold today, could she be cold? If so, bring her and her flock mates inside to warm up until it gets warm again. Have you given her any sugar water or any Electrolytes (Save-A-Chick)? How clean is her coop, water, and even her feed? For Coccidiosis, the common thing people look for is poop that looks bloody. If you can't get any Corid, just make certain that she's in a very clean all around environment. I hope your chick feels better soon. :hugs :hugs
I'll be able to answer you tomorrow.

Should I separate her and bring her inside or leave her out with her flock mates??? I need answers asap!

Right now she is in the coop with a heat plate, food, water, and her flock.

Sunday afternoons are sometimes slow day, and many are outside doing chores. Most Corid liquid or powder that I have seen is around $20-25 depending on the farm or feed store, butI haven’t checked for a couple of years. Did you see the large size for cattle farmers? It comes in small bottles or packets. It can help to save a chicken from dying. I would make sure that she is drinking well. Corid dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom