1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! I think my chick has a respiratory problems.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickensrock10110, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Chickensrock10110

Chickensrock10110 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Hawaii
    My chick is breathing very different from the rest.
    He/she is about 3 weeks old and is a bantam mix.
    It looks like he or she has trouble breathing through his/her nostrils.He still eats and drink but he looks like he is deteriorating fast.Every so often ,he sounds like he is sneezing.Currently ,to breathe, he opens his beak just a tiny bit for every breath that he takes.Today he is less active and only becomes alert when he hears a loud noise.Do you think this is contagious?Should I seperate him?How can I help him out?Anyting OTC I can give him?Please help!! I dont like seeing him like this.

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    oh, I am sorry your chick is sick![​IMG] I think you should separate him from the others. I don't know what you can give him because he is so young. Hopefully someone else will chime in soon!

3. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    I don't know the answer to your question...hopefully someone chimes in soon. But good luck with the little one.

4. Chickensrock10110

Chickensrock10110 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Hawaii
    Quote:Now that you mention that he is young ,I too dont think there is a medicine for chicks this young.[​IMG]
    Hopefully he gets better on its own with all the love I`m giving him now.I just feel bad because I am the one who brought him into this world and hatched him:hit [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by