HELP..... I went into lockdown around 3pm and can't get my humidity up!

harleyjo

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2010
SW Iowa
I have a Hovabator, no fan during lockdown. I can't get my humidity to get up to at least 60 percent. My temp is finally up to 100 but the highest my humidity has been is 50% and now it has dropped to 48%. I have a bowl with a large sponge in it soaked with standing water in it.

What more can I do to bring up this humidity? I have not opened it and I have both plugs in.

you can use a syring and add very hot water to your bowl..or if you can get it out quickly and fill it with HOT water and put it back in. or more than one bowl and sponge if you can fit it..very hot water works best..get it as hot as you can out of the tap .

It is now after 10 pm and I am only at 53% humidity. I had done the hot water when I started. I have been adding hot water through the vent hole with a funnel. I don't know what else I can do.

If your hoverbator has a window like my ittle giant then gently pry open the window and spray a hot mist in quickly with a spray bottle the close the window! It won't hurt the eggs if they haven't pipped! Once they start pipping then just angle the spray towards the sides and not directly on the eggs! Works great for me every time! I have a very dry house!!!! Never had one shrink-wrap yet and I have hatched over 150 eggs this way!

Back
Top Bottom