Help id a couple of my geese?

fastrnrik

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 13, 2012

I have 6 geese. 3 white Chinese, 2 that look like this fella, and a white/brown that I'm not sure of breed. This one is my favorite. We call him Biggun'. Am I correct that he is a Toulouse goose? We refer to him as a "he", but I have no idea what sex he is. If "he" lays eggs in the spring I guess I will have to call him "biggunia" LOL. In this picture he is almost in my lap for his daily petting and conversation. I don't know what he's saying, but he carries on like an old woman! What is cool was when we bought him from a local guy he was MEAN, but after spending time with him he is friendly as can be.

Here is a picture of the mystery goose. He is the white with brown head in the background. Any idea what he is?

Yes, the one by the waters edge. Not the nosey, noisy, obnoxious busybody in the front of the picture LOL. I will try to get some better pics of him. Thank you.

Oh not an easy one to give a definite ID on. Yes the first looks like a very healthy Production / Utility Toulouse
wink.png

From what I can see the mystery bird at the waters edge appears as a small to medium size breed. Impossible to say for sure what the parents are but appears as a splash pattern and I would guess its a Grey Splash pattern Gander. Possibly the result of a ?Pilgrim, ?Toulouse x ?small production Embden or ?White Smooth Sebastopol.

Sadly without knowing the parentage thats the best educated guess I can give
wink.png

Here are some more pictures from this morning. He doesn't like his picture taken and the phone doesn't zoom in :/ He's a nice laid back goose, doesn't make much noise, just kind of goes about his business. He came here with the toulouse with the angel wing in the last picture, so they hang around together, and they stick by the big toulouse. The bonded pair of Chinese stay to themselves, and the single Chinese male always stays with the pekin ducks. The other ducks are not aloud near them, the goose will chase them off. Maybe he's a snob, or a duck racist LOL I don't know. When they graze though, all the geese graze together as a group, even though the two Chinese males hate each other. It's funny to watch how they interact. Thanks again for the ID help.

Thank you :) I'm going to get my camera and get some better pictures. The phone ain't cutting it, and these animals are a pain to try to get a picture of LOL.

Back
Top Bottom