Help identify please?

1. Midnight Majesty Marans
  2. Agree looks like Colombian Wyandotte
  3. Easter Egger (Americana)
  4. Easter Egger (Americana)
  5. Starlight Green Egger
  6. Either Olive Egger or One of the “hatchery hybrids” (Sappire Olive Egger, Prarie Blue, Starlight Green, etc... I don’t study the hatchery birds enough to know.)
  7. New Hampshire Red? (@Overo Mare)
  8. Buff Orpington.
No pure Ameraucanas. Americana is another name for EE. Hoover’s does not sell Ameraucanas to my knowledge.

View attachment 2630863

I agree.

The colored egg assortment is only supposed to contain blue or green egg layers and Marans It's certainly not supposed to be in there, so at this point I was thinking that anything goes...
That is true. It does say it includes brown layers, but Wyandotte isn’t on the list so if they threw one of them in makes sense they would throw in a broiler Too. Especially since it’s Hoover’s.

160588A4-C734-4DE3-B624-BEEEF11BA90E.jpeg

First looks like a midnight majesty maran, second looks like a Colombian Wyandotte, 3 and 4 are Easter eggers, 5 and 6 are probably prairie blue or starlight green, I’m not sure about 7 except for the fact that he’s a male and 8 is a buff orpington.

Americana = Easter egger
Purebred ameraucanas are spelled with no i and have a specific feather and leg color.
@1Blake

I agree other than I think the New Hampshire is actually a broiler. They carry something called a Rudd Ranger that I would bet on. Also last two are both cockerels
I agree other than I think the New Hampshire is actually a broiler. They carry something called a Rudd Ranger that I would bet on. Also last two are both cockerels
Oh wow - the yellow is a cockerel? Are you sure?

He looks like a cockerel to me... Give it a week or two to be sure since others don't seem to see it, but I think so
well he/she is more aggressive and i wondered about it. I ordered 15 hens, would hope they wouldn't send me 2 roosters! and a few of the breeds people are thinking mine are aren't what i ordered either...hmm.

Back
Top Bottom