Help identify these

kycowgirlchick

Songster
11 Years
Nov 2, 2008
Eubank ky, near Somerset
17983_red_hen.jpg

This little red hen is unusual. I am not sure of the mixture. See the nice feathers on the feet.
17983_hamburg.jpg
g]
Then this guy. He is so pretty. I am thinking Hamburg?
17983_grey_chicken.jpg

I have no clue on these grey guys.
17983_aracauna.jpg

I am thinking araucana?
17983_black_chicken.jpg

This black hen is so gentle. She follows me around at the barn.
17983_black_on_black_chicken.jpg

Then this little black one. I think its a hen.
Well I got most of the pictures bigger.??

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see the pics too well, but will try...
1-buff cochin x silkie
2-silver spangled hamburg
3-blue andalusian
4-the one you are calling araucana, does it have muff/beard? can't tell the pic is too small...
5-australorp? color of the bottom of her feet..if white australorp, if yellow she could be a Jersey Giant
6-sumatra pullet

Pics 1-3: no idea
#4 - easter egger - It looks like she has a pea comb, muffs/beard, and slate legs - also the feather pattern around her neck is common to EEs
#5 - Are you sure it's a hen?
#6 pullet - black australorp??

#5 is a roo....Big comb, has saddle feathers, and the tail screams roo. Not all roos have spurs. I have a roo that is over a year old and he has never crowed. I don't think he knows how. He is an EE tho.

1)pretty cool buff cochin/silkie cross, probably slightly more cochin than silkie
2)Silver Spangled Hamburg Roo
3)Andalusian, probably hens.
4)Looks EE to me. Definitely not Araucana, most likely not Ameraucana
5)Ummm...that's a pretty obvious roo. He'll get prettier. I would say Austrolorp, because even at that age our Jersey Roos were fleshier.
6)Definitely a hen. Does she have spurs? If so, are there a lot of them on each foot? Sumatras tend to have a lot of spurs, even on hens. Also, if her comb&wattles stay purplish red I would say Sumatra.

Back
Top Bottom