Help identifying breeds - from Italian chicken show

Just a guess, but possibly bearded Antwerp bantams. (Barbu d'Anvers in French).
Seems likely, perhaps a young one. I compared with some other photos from the show, it was in line with them. The Italians call it Barbuta D'Anversa. Here's a comparison:

This one is definitely a Barbuta D'Anversa, coloring "Grigio Perla picchiettata bianca" (white flecked grey pearl):
Barbuta D'Anversa white spekled pearl grey.jpg

And here's the one I was asking about. I did mark in my notes that it was bantam, I need to look through the guide book and see if there were Antwerp bantams present.
Bantam (6).jpg

Unfortunately, Ameraucana are not available in Europe. At least not in Germany and neighboring countries. If they were, I'd be all over it. Lol
I just checked through the catalog, of the 1500 or more birds in the show, there were at least 60 Auracana's (almost all from two breeders), but zero Ameraucanas. You're right, not a single one.

Hmmm, then maybe silver Orloffs, is such a thing exists? There are a lot of European breeds I'm sure most of us don't know, so it's difficult to say.
I only see six Orloff's listed, five Tricolor (three were bantam) and one White.

A lot of the more common American breeds had very limited participation. Only one Plymouth rock (and one breeder showed six Amrock bantams), one breeder had New Hampshire golden brown with black tail, another breeder had four white Columbian Delawares. On the other hand there were lots of Leghorns (called Livorno), Sussex, Brahma, Padovana, Cochin, and game birds.

I just found an Italian site that lists the most common breeds in Italy. I'll double check things against that.
It's hard to navigate, there are some broken links. Left half of the page is a set of four links, Italian breeds, Estere (Foreign) A-F, Estere G-Z and Bantam (Nane)
Under each breed listing is a full list of standard characteristics and color variations, and some example photos.
http://www.agraria.org/polli.htm

There is even a page with a long list of the extinct Italian breeds:
http://www.agraria.org/polli/altreitaliane.htm

Could this one be a campine?
That's possible. There was one exhibitor with two Campines, hen and roo, listed as "Bruna Dorata Chiara a Coda Nera" (light golden brown with a black tail), which fits for this one.

However, looking at the timestamp, and the photos taken just before and after, it seems like it the Campines were in a different part of the hall.

Back
Top Bottom