Help identifying ducklings

Yea, I am pretty sure the one's a rouen. Last time untried to raise ducks (it didn't turn out well), I had 6 rouens. I have found quite a few pics of ducks that look like the twins that say they are blue swedes.

The gosling LOVES my 3 yr old. Lol. She goes nuts when he walks away from the pen.

The saxony has definitely been one of my favorites that I have found so far. They are such a pretty bird.

Thanks for all the responses so far. I am loving this forum. If I had found this a couple of years ago, my first experience with ducks might have gone better.

I would have to agree with everyone when they say your pekin is a goose! Geese have a different shaped bill, so if you compare it to your ducklings, you will see the difference. Plus, as the grow you will notice that one getting a LOT bigger!

The duckling with the stripes is either a mallard or a rouen. If he/she is the same size as the other ducklings, then its a rouen. They are much larger than a mallard, so if it's the same size an not really small, I'd say you have a rouen.

The all brown one looks like a khaki campbell. I can't see it's head, but if it is all brown with maybe a little lighter coloring on it's chest, then it's definitely a khaki.

The two gray ones with white chests are blue swedish, everyone seems to agree with that!

The black one, I'm going to say is a black swedish. Everyone else is saying cayuga, but it looks like that duckling has too much white on it's chest to be a cayuga. One way you can tell for sure is the feet. Are the feet all black, or do they have some white on them? If all black, then chances are it is a cayuga. If not, then you have a black swedish. They almost always have black and white feet
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom