Help identifying these chicks?

Here’s a screenshot from Hoover’s Hatchery which I believe most TSC use. Note that real Ameraucanas ONLY lay blue eggs and i need the screenshot from Hoover’s they say the can lay blue green or brown.
Pretty much what they all said.
When you buy from a feed store, the likelihood is that they are selling EE, especially if they misspell the breed with the 'I' in the middle. True ameraucana are more expensive than EE and araucana are even more expensive than ameraucana. Araucana and ameraucana follow a breed standard, and EE do not. EE can look like anything, so long as they're a mix that was bred with the intention of carrying the blue egg gene.
Point made. Although $2.50 didn't seem expensive to me, and I'm still delighted with getting them and the blue and lavender orps also at that price ( perhaps by accident!) :p - I hunted down their local chick days circular and it wet to Hoovers, showed easter eggers; the store did have it written americanas. Sigh...

On the bright side I learned these are already 8 to 12 weeks old, thus explaing why no chicks complaining about the teperature in my crude makeshift brooder being 70-80°F. :)

Point made. Although $2.50 didn't seem expensive to me, and I'm still delighted with getting them and the blue and lavender orps also at that price ( perhaps by accident!) :p - I hunted down their local chick days circular and it wet to Hoovers, showed easter eggers; the store did have it written americanas. Sigh...

On the bright side I learned these are already 8 to 12 weeks old, thus explaing why no chicks complaining about the teperature in my crude makeshift brooder being 70-80°F. :)

yea, I just went and looked at MPC, who do sell true ameraucana... theirs are just under $20ea. LOL Without shipping. My araucana were all no less than $35 (for the cockerels) and $40 (for the pullets).

Now, since TSC chicks are supposedly 8 - 12 weeks old, shouldn't it be possible to sex them?
Or, are they really still under 4 weeks old (as am starting to suspect)?
20200309_110554.jpg
20200309_133807_Burst01.jpg

Now, since TSC chicks are supposedly 8 - 12 weeks old, shouldn't it be possible to sex them?
Or, are they really still under 4 weeks old (as am starting to suspect)?
View attachment 2047811View attachment 2047812

Wow! They said these guys were 6-8 weeks?!?! They'd be fully feathered and half adult sized!
These guys are under 4 weeks, and I've never known TSC to sell anything older than 3 weeks (and that's only if they stay in the store that long). I'm shocked they advertised them that old!!!

Back
Top Bottom