Help Identifying Trail Cam Picture

I'm not venturing a guess as to what it is but am I the only one that sees a raccoon right behind it to the left? It looks like it is turning it's head toward the raccoon. ?????

I will admit that I use glasses to read and don't have them on now.. so, I could just be seeing things... but???

I put the picture on my computer and blew it up and what it looks like to me is two cats playing?? One could be a kitten it is much smaller than the larger animal,

I put the picture on my computer and blew it up and what it looks like to me is two cats playing?? One could be a kitten it is much smaller than the larger animal,

Is there any possibility it could be a lynx and a kitten? the ears look very pointed and black on the tips and the smaller animal looks like it has cheek tuffs to, I read they reintroduced them back to NY in 1987??

Is there any possibility it could be a lynx and a kitten? the ears look very pointed and black on the tips and the smaller animal looks like it has cheek tuffs to, I read they reintroduced them back to NY in 1987??

Lynx_Nationalpark_Bayerischer_Wald_01.jpg

looks like the backside of the racoon I mounted for a guy last year to put above his fireplace. Looks about the right size too. Definitly not a cat of any sort and shape(esspecially of the hind legs) is wrong for a fox.

No lynx in NYS south of rt I90--they are confined to Adirondacks.

Actually we have Lynx down here in Otsego county ..... But anyways the picture does look like a fox .... ears , tail , movement though the back leg is kinda weird , the length of the animal looks to be about the same as the distance from the bush in the for ground would put the animal at about 18 to 24 inches in length not counting the tail.... its defiantly not a raccoon or a lynx or a bobcat or a Fischer( which is a weasel and not a cat ).... young/small coyote maybe .... or a pine marten

Last edited:
Actually we have Lynx down here in Otsego county .....

Are you sure? Not according to the NYS DEC game syllabus. I live about 20 miles west of you in a mess of state forest land and there aren't any confirmed lynx sightings here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom