HELP IDK IF THIS IS GONNA HATCH IS IT GOOD?!

You still have time to construct a better diy incubator, a wooden box 1/2" to 1" thick works really well.

Or you can go on Craigslist under free stuff to find materials to construct a box.

Or if you can find a deep wide dresser draw, just add a wooden top will also work.

The thickness of the wood helps to hold temperature and humidity and keep it stable.

Look up how to make an incubator with an old cooler-much safer, and I don't see any indication of provided humidity. Embryos need heat,air, and humidity. As for these 2 eggs, you would know if you had seen veins. At 1st it'd be "hm, what's that?" to "holy moly it looks like a giant red spider!" to "is that an eyeball staring at me?" (Answer, why yes, yes it is). After that,the live embryo moves on it's on. If you tap on the egg w/your nail, it starts bobbing up and down. Live bacteria just floats there until you jiggle the egg, swishing it about- unless and until it builds up enough pressure to explode.
Given that you have no veins, which increase w/time, I wld encourage you to end this particular project as it truly is a fire hazard. In the meantime, look up safer homemade incubator instructions. We're all crazy abt our birds, but it's not worth your or your family's safety.

I have to agree with @BigBlueHen53 . This is really dangerous. The cardboard is highly likely to catch fire and it is also not a great insulator.
It also won't hold the type of humidity you need for hatching eggs.
Yea ur right but I dont have any other things to make it in and where I live u cant like buy a incubator they only have industrial ones for like 200 eggs
I'll try to find a styrofoam box but it's super hard too

You still have time to construct a better diy incubator, a wooden box 1/2" to 1" thick works really well.

Or you can go on Craigslist under free stuff to find materials to construct a box.

Or if you can find a deep wide dresser draw, just add a wooden top will also work.

The thickness of the wood helps to hold temperature and humidity and keep it stable.
True but LOCKDOWN so I cant get hold of wood and I cant take a drawer my mom wont let me ;-;

Look up how to make an incubator with an old cooler-much safer, and I don't see any indication of provided humidity. Embryos need heat,air, and humidity. As for these 2 eggs, you would know if you had seen veins. At 1st it'd be "hm, what's that?" to "holy moly it looks like a giant red spider!" to "is that an eyeball staring at me?" (Answer, why yes, yes it is). After that,the live embryo moves on it's on. If you tap on the egg w/your nail, it starts bobbing up and down. Live bacteria just floats there until you jiggle the egg, swishing it about- unless and until it builds up enough pressure to explode.
Given that you have no veins, which increase w/time, I wld encourage you to end this particular project as it truly is a fire hazard. In the meantime, look up safer homemade incubator instructions. We're all crazy abt our birds, but it's not worth your or your family's safety.
Your right but I mean the temp is regulated it turns off as soon as it reaches 38 and it cools down and I tried adding more water I also saw the air cell expand now that its day 7

Back
Top Bottom