HELP!!!! If a egg still rocks and chripping is it shrink wrapped?

I want to be careful but how long can it be out of the incubator while I surgically remove egg and membrane until its body temp becomes a issue? Sorry with all the questions I really want this one to survive

I want to be careful but how long can it be out of the incubator while I surgically remove egg and membrane until its body temp becomes a issue? Sorry with all the questions I really want this one to survive
I would work on it no more than 2-3 min out, 15 min in the incubator to warm back up. Make sure you keep the humidity high.

If you are going to be hatching more eggs, invest in a better incubator. If cost is an issue look for a good used one on craigs list. When you get a new one, calibrate it with a good thermometer
^ THIS!

I bought two cheapo yellow top incubators on eBay for $80ish. They gave me NOTHING but grief. I gutted them and put Incukit Minis in them. That worked well for keeping the temp right, but I then started having trouble with humidity. THEN we had a week of 80-90 degree temps and I had to remove insulation from the incubators. Now I think I've figured them out. All the while my almost $500 Brinsea Ovation 28 EX worked without a hiccup.

Go for something better rated to start with and save yourself a lot of frustration in the long run.

Here is were I am now . When I tore that outer membrane it's leg shot out. Silkie it' a leg just looks like a wing.

Attachments

• 20180517_222747.jpg
    20180517_222747.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom