Help, I'm hatching and I can't stop!!

Black Feather

Songster
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
Well, the title pretty much sums it up. I have loads of chicks, but my gals just keep laying such lovely eggs I can't help but put them in the incubator.....I've got to stop!

Ok, this weekend is it.....not more eggs in the incubator ..... ok, maybe no more black rosecomb eggs in the incubator...... Uhg.....how do you stop!?!?

I have no idea, every day I go to my coop and if an egg is still warm I have such a hard time putting it in the fridge
tongue.png
. I could be worse, but only if I had room in my bator
lol.png

lau.gif
I am there right now, too. I've told myself I'll turn the `bator off, but I've sold my aussie breeders so I have to try to incubate and hatch their last eggs before I turn the `bator off, right? Plus even if I do turn it off, all I have to do is plug it back in and it gets back to the temp lickety split so it's not real good for my self control. *sigh*

I *am* being careful about what I put in, though and not doing more swaps and trades unless I find something that I HAVE TO HAVE. Not just swapping/trading just to do it for birds/eggs that I don't NEED.

Just give in lol You won't be able to stop. I'm on my 2nd batch of eggs and I'm planning on getting what people call..."the evil silkies" next time....

*Sigh*.....it's soooo hard though! I see that some of my nicer show birds are laying and I think.....that egg could be the next champion!

Unfortunately I've hatched between 75 - 100 potential champions in three weeks!

Uhg......got ......to ......stop!!

when i hatch eggs i open up the eggs that did not hatch the dead babies is what keeps me from hatching....or after i decide that my "last" batch IS my last batch as soon as the babies can come out i move them to the brooder and immediately turn off the bator and put in the bathroom to be cleaned and then i stick it out of sight.

My name is Grampa and I have a problem.

My bator is full and ran into someone who had olive eggs and wanted my blue eggs. I had no choice, I had to take them. So the hatcher is now the incubator again.
Luckily, I have 12 headed to the hatcher in 2 days and then I'll have room. My timing is getting all screwed up.
jumpy.gif

Haahaaa....I like that Grampa.

Ok, my turn.

My name is Urban Coyote and I have a problem.

I have an incubator that can hold over 200 eggs at one time.....and I seem bent on trying to fill it up completely. It's very hard to fill it though as every weekend chicks come out and open up space. What should I do??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom