Help! I'm looking for a dog breed that....

Pics
Dog's have personalities just like people. You can't say xx breed will be tame, docile bla bla woof, because your dog might not be.
I’m aware of that, but there is something to be expected, for example, a border collie would be horrible for my situation, because they consistently have too much energy, both mental and physical.
Nothing wrong with shelter dogs, go check the dog out, see what it's temperament, personality is and go from there.
I’ve been over several times that while adopting is wonderful, it just won’t work for us right now. I thought that putting it in giant letters in the first post would communicate that.
Have you considered getting a chicken instead? Can be quiet, can be friendly, not too big, not too small, can live about the age of a dog, and as a bonus, you get eggs too, and will also follow you around like a dog, when you bribe them with treats, like a dog. Chickens also won't defile your pant leg like a dog will either, a BIG plus.

Oh and may I add, when mom feeds you lima beans or other veggies you don't like, it will eat them too when you sneak the plate off the table.... just like a dog.

Aaron
I want more chickens (dad is against) and I’d also need to expand my run (mom is against) so yes, I have considered it.
This isn’t a “Ooh we have so much time in the quarantine, let’s get a puppy!” We’re looking for a family member and want to make an informed choice.

Dog's have personalities just like people. You can't say xx breed will be tame, docile bla bla woof, because your dog might not be.
That's true! There's a lot of labeling going on in this thread. Yes, a dog of this or that breed may have certain traits, but then again they might not. I'm raising two littermates right now and they are about as different as two dogs can be!

That's true! There's a lot of labeling going on in this thread. Yes, a dog of this or that breed may have certain traits, but then again they might not. I'm raising two littermates right now and they are about as different as two dogs can be!
I understand that, but if it’s a complete tossup, nobody would be able to say “yeah poodles are generally smart and energetic” or “shelties are pretty vocal” and it becomes a complete tossup. There had to be some labeling you can do, otherwise nobody could breed dogs with purposes, like hunting dogs, herding dogs, etc.

I would recommend a husky. They are amazing, chill, walkable, non-yappy dogs with a thick coat and the best snuggles ( although your bed might end up as theirs🤣)
I'm not sure if you would want to deal with the shedding- but in my opinion, shedding is the only downfall I have seen in huskies. They are all around awesome dogs🤗

I would recommend a husky. They are amazing, chill, walkable, non-yappy dogs with a thick coat and the best snuggles ( although your bed might end up as theirs🤣)
I'm not sure if you would want to deal with the shedding- but in my opinion, shedding is the only downfall I have seen in huskies. They are all around awesome dogs🤗
huskys are good

We have no issue with shedding! I had heard that huskies are either energetic or really smart, so I wasn’t sure if they were for us.

Back
Top Bottom